It is a sad reality that every year, millions of dollars in scholarships go unused. According to Forbes, the National Scholarship Providers Association reported that an estimated $100 million in scholarships go unused each year due to a lack of applicants.
The good news is that there are ways to ensure that you don’t miss out on the opportunity to get a scholarship. Here are some tips to help you maximize your chances of getting a scholarship this year:
1. Start Early: Start researching and applying for scholarships as early as possible. Many scholarships have deadlines that are months before the start of the school year, so it’s important to get a head start.
2. Research: Research all the scholarships that are available to you. There are many scholarships out there, so it’s important to do your research and find the ones that are best suited for you.
3. Take Advantage of Resources: Take advantage of the resources available to you. There are many websites and organizations that can help you find scholarships that you may be eligible for.
4. Apply for Multiple Scholarships: Don’t limit yourself to just one scholarship. Applying for multiple scholarships increases your chances of getting one.
5. Follow Instructions: Make sure to read the instructions carefully and follow them. Many scholarships are disqualified due to errors or omissions.
6. Get Recommendations: Ask for recommendations from teachers, counselors, or other professionals who can speak to your qualifications.
7. Don’t Give Up: Don’t give up if you don’t get a scholarship the first time. Keep applying and don’t give up.
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of getting a scholarship this year and make sure that no scholarship money goes unused. Good luck!
This article was written on 31 Jan 2023.