2020 is the year to get CEng status! CEng stands for Chartered Engineer, and it is a professional engineering qualification that is recognized around the world. It is a mark of excellence and is held in high regard by employers and professional bodies.
Eligibility for CEng
In order to become a Chartered Engineer, you must meet certain criteria. Generally, this includes having a Bachelors degree, with Honours, in engineering or technology, accredited for CEng, plus an appropriate and accredited Masters degree or Engineering Doctorate (EngD), or appropriate further learning to Masters level. An accredited integrated MEng degree is also accepted.
You must also have a minimum of four years of relevant professional experience. This must include a minimum of two years of post-qualification experience, and must demonstrate that you have achieved a level of professional competence.
In addition, you must demonstrate that you have a commitment to continuing professional development (CPD). This is done by providing evidence of activities that have helped you to develop your knowledge and skills, and maintain your professional competence.
Tips for Getting CEng Status
1. Research the requirements for CEng status. Make sure you understand the criteria that you must meet in order to become a Chartered Engineer.
2. Make sure your qualifications are accredited. Check with the relevant professional body to make sure that your qualifications are accepted for CEng status.
3. Get professional experience. Make sure you have a minimum of four years of relevant professional experience, including a minimum of two years of post-qualification experience.
4. Demonstrate your commitment to CPD. Make sure you can provide evidence of activities that have helped you to develop your knowledge and skills, and maintain your professional competence.
5. Apply for CEng status. Once you have met all the criteria, you can apply for CEng status.
Getting CEng status is a great way to demonstrate your commitment to professional engineering. By following these tips, you can make sure you meet the criteria and apply for CEng status this year.